- Upholstered in your choice of outdoor fabric for high performance in the South African sun.
- High-density outdoor foam that is both supportive and comfortable.
- Finished in Balau hardwood. An even-grained wood, Balau is renowned for its durability and strength.
- A superior strength, extra thick, epoxy coated & rustproof aluminium frame ensuring a sound structure for years to come.
- Macalli uses Aluminium 6063 which contains magnesium, providing it with extra strength. It’s also renowned for its fine appearance and finish and superior corrosive resistance.
- Our choice of epoxy coating is 10 times stronger than conventional coatings. The surface is warm, smooth, and sleek to the touch. Epoxy coating is weatherproof, and when applied to an aluminium frame, provides long-lasting protection.
- Includes a 3-year guarantee on the aluminium frame.
What you will receive: 2 seater sofa
Base item: Balau wood, epoxy-coated aluminium, high-density outdoor foam, shipping
Additional item: Selected fabric
Materials: Balau wood, high-density outdoor foam, epoxy-coated aluminium, selected fabric
Dimensions: L1476 W838 H710
At Macalli we’ve carefully selected the best materials and finishes to ensure your furniture does not weather or deteriorate prematurely even under the harshest outdoor conditions. Many of our components, such as our fabrics and epoxy coated aluminium frames come with a manufacturer’s guarantee of up to three years.
Although we’re confident that our products are robust and long-lasting, we’d like you to still take a moment to read through our care instructions and play a small part in keeping your purchase in tip top shape.
Please remember that incorrect handling or misuse of your Macalli product can result in damage that is not covered under the manufacturer’s guarantee of workmanship.
For specific instructions on how to care for your Macalli furniture, please read the relevant care instructions for our wood, fibre cane, epoxy coated and fabric components.
Consider covering your Macalli furniture when not in use for long periods of time (and during long bouts of inclement weather).
Even though our furniture is designed and manufactured to withstand the elements, cleaning will extend your furniture’s lifespan and make maintenance easier after the outdoor season begins again. Use breathable covers to avoid creating a mould incubator.
Aluminium is light and tough with an exceptional strength to weight ratio. This combined with its corrosion resistance makes it an ideal material for outdoor furniture. Macalli’s aluminium is coated with an electro-statically applied, powder coat finish. This ensures 100% coverage of the metal’s surface area and provides a consistent and tough finish that is far superior to traditional paint finishes. An epoxy coated finish is impervious to moisture, knock and scratch resistant, easy to clean and highly resistant to corrosion.
• To keep your aluminium frames in peak condition, wash regularly with warm water and a mild detergent. If you live inland, this should be done at least every 6 months but at least each month if you live in a coastal region.
• Chips and scratches should be attended to as soon as possible – particularly if you live in a coastal area. Touch-up paint may be purchased upon request.
• Hardened dirt such as bird droppings should be removed methodically with warm water and detergent and never with a scraping tool or abrasive solvent.
• Do not use abrasive brushes or detergents on your aluminium frames. Abrasive solvents such as turpentine, white spirits, thinners are particularly harmful and will nullify your 3-year guarantee on the aluminium frame.
• Dry dusting may damage the epoxy coating.
• When moving your Macalli furniture, please take care not to chip or scratch the epoxy coating. Chips are not covered under any product guarantee.
Balau wood produces natural oils, making it insects and water-resistant. This makes is much less likely to rot. If you live in a warm and damp climate, it’s possible that mould or mildew may grow on your wooden furniture. These fungi are not harmful to most hardwoods, but they could leave unsightly marks, which should be attended to sooner rather than later.
• A light dusting and wiping with a cloth can keep your Balau wood in great condition.
• You can also rinse your Balau furniture with a light spray from the hose. Dip a sponge or soft-bristle brush into a mixture of mild detergent and water. Scrub lightly and evenly. Rinse again, with clean water. Allow to dry completely.
• To remove mould or mildew that does not come away with a damp cloth, mix a solution of the ingredients listed below and apply it to the area in question with a sponge.
• 1 cup of ammonia
• 1/2 cup of white vinegar
• 1/4 cup of baking soda
• 3.5 litres of warm to hot water
• Do no use bleach-based cleaning products on Balau wood as some formulations may actually weaken wood and leave discolorations.
• Do not use a scraping tool or metal brush to remove stubborn dirt, mould, or mildew.
Quality is built into our Gary Neil fabrics, starting with the yarns which are solution dyed, ensuring that colour is impregnated into the yarns, giving them excellent colour retention in harsh sunlight conditions. This, together with water and mildew repellency, ensures that you get the best possible protection for your outdoor fabric.
Our Cedarbrook fabric is treated with a fluorocarbon which imparts a water, oil and soil repellent finish, for quick drying and easy cleaning. A biocide is also added during this application to help prevent mildew. These treatments are done with chemicals sourced from reputable companies and are not in any way toxic.
If in doubt about how to care for you upholstery, please consult the manufacturers’ websites for more detail:
• Macalli’s fabrics can be both hand washed or dry cleaned, followed by air drying, and warm ironing.
• Regularly vacuum your cushion covers to prevent a build-up of dust.
• Attend to spills and stains as quickly as possible. Sponge the stain, never rub. A gentle blotting action with an absorbent cloth or sponge will work best. If a stain has already dried, gently brush off any excess material, then dab gently with a damp sponge until it disappears.
• Don’t tumble dry.
• Never try to remove the stain with household detergents such as washing up liquid. Use only water based commercial cleaning agents.
• Do not store damp or wet cushions. Although our fabrics are treated to minimise mould and rot forming, prolonged dampness is not ideal.