Epoxy Coated Frame Care Instructions
Aluminium is light and tough with an exceptional strength to weight ratio. This combined with its corrosion resistance makes it an ideal material for outdoor furniture. Macalli’s aluminium is coated with an electro-statically applied, powder coat finish. This ensures 100% coverage of the metal’s surface area and provides a consistent and tough finish that is far superior to traditional paint finishes. An epoxy coated finish is impervious to moisture, knock and scratch resistant, easy to clean and highly resistant to corrosion.
• To keep your aluminium frames in peak condition, wash regularly with warm water and a mild detergent. If you live inland, this should be done at least every 6 months but at least each month if you live in a coastal region.
• Chips and scratches should be attended to as soon as possible – particularly if you live in a coastal area. Touch-up paint may be purchased upon request.
• Hardened dirt such as bird droppings should be removed methodically with warm water and detergent and never with a scraping tool or abrasive solvent.
• Do not use abrasive brushes or detergents on your aluminium frames. Abrasive solvents such as turpentine, white spirits, thinners are particularly harmful and will nullify your 3-year guarantee on the aluminium frame.
• Dry dusting may damage the epoxy coating.
• When moving your Macalli furniture, please take care not to chip or scratch the epoxy coating. Chips are not covered under any product guarantee.